Hafli 2016 with the International Singer “George Khoukaz” & the Arabic Singer “Samir Saado”, at Tucson Women’s Club [Saturday, October 1, 2016] Dinner, Music, &Dancing; lots of Fun! [PDF]
Spectacular Evening with Arabic singer star, Tony Mercho [Saturday, September 5th, 2015] at Skyline Country Club, Tucson, Arizona. [PDF]
Dear MED Members (current and past) and Friends: On behalf of the MED Club board, we would like to invite you for our Annual Members Lunch meeting which will be held at the Jasmine Market, 3906 N. Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85705, (520-293-1283), on Sunday February 16, 2014 at 3pm. For information about the Jasmine Market, see the attached flyer. [PDF]
– New Year’s Eve Party [Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 7:00 pm] Dinner, Music, Dancing, & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Fun Night! [Friday, September 20th, 2013 at 6:30 pm] great food with DJ Arabic and English Music and lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Picnic! [Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 4:00 pm] Food, Music, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming & more! [PDF]
– New Year’s Eve Party [Monday, December 31, 2012] Dinner, Music, Dancing, & lots of Fun![PDF]
– Family Fun Night & Halloween Party! [Friday, October 26, 2012 at 7:00 pm] Music, Costumes, Food, & lots of Fun![PDF]
– Family Picnic![Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm] Food, Music, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming & more! [PDF]
– Family Fun Night & Graduation Party! [Friday, May 18, 2012 at 6:30 pm] Food, Music & lots of Fun! [JPG]
– Family Picnic! [Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm] Food, Music, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming & more! [PDF]
– Tucson’s Weekly Article about MED Club member Lana Hariri [PDF]
– New Year’s Eve Party [Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 7:00 pm] Dinner, Music, Dancing, & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Picnic! [Sunday, September 8, 2011 at 4:00 pm] Food, Music, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming & more! [PDF]
– Family Fun Night & Graduation Party! [Friday, April 29, 2011 at 6:30 pm] Dinner, Music, Dancing, & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Tucson MED Club Annual Lunch Meeting [Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 1:00 pm] [PDF]
– New Year’s Eve Party! [Friday, December 31, 2010 at 7:00 pm] Dinner, Music, Dancing, & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Fun Night & Halloween Party! [Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 7:00 pm] Music, Costumes, Food, & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Picnic! [Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm] Food, Music, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming & more! [PDF]
– Family Fun Night & Graduation Party! [Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 6:30 pm] Food, Music & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Picnic! [Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 4:00 pm] Food, Music, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming & more! [PDF]
– New Year’s Eve Party! [Thursday, December 31, 2009 at 7:00 pm] Music, Food, & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Fun Night & Halloween Party! [Friday, October 30, 2009 at 7:00 pm] Music, Costumes, Food, & lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Picnic! [Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 4:00 pm] Food, Games, Sand, Volleyball, and Swimming! [PDF]
– Family Fun Night & Graduation Party! [Friday, May 8, 2009 at 7:00 pm] Food, Music, and lots of Fun! [PDF]
– Family Picnic! [Saturday, April 4, 2009 at 4:00 pm] Food, Games, Sand, Volleyball, and Swimming! [PDF]
– (Wednesday, December 31, 2008) An Evening of Middle Eastern Enchantment Come Ring in the New Year. [PDF]
– (Saturday November 22nd) Family Picnic! Food, Games, Sand, Volleyball, and Swimming. [PDF]
– Family Fun Night and Graduation Party – Friday May 2, 2008. [PDF]
– Family Picnic on Saturday April 12th, 2008! Food, Tennis, Basketball, Swimming, and more. [PDF]
Dear Fellow Members and Friends:
As the year closes, it is the time of the year, where we look back at the year activities and accomplishments. The Club is about to finish another year full of happy and unfortunate events. We are continuously evaluating our activities and seeking ideas to reach out for the Arab American community in southern Arizona so we can be a positive role model for our children and future generations. In fact, if we properly exploit the Club, it can be a viable instrument to educate our kids and the community we live in about our roots, culture, and values.
We need to keep reminding ourselves and the community we live in that Americans of Arab descent have played an important part in building the New World, that we are Christians and Muslims, that we are Syrian, Lebanese, Palestinian, Iraqi, Jordanian and Egyptian, and that we are doctors, lawyers, teachers, elected officials, businessmen, poets, philosophers and entertainers. We need to remind ourselves and the community we live in with John F. Kennedy famous quote “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country”, these words that inspired Americans of generation after generation and of all heritages were first written by the Arab American author of “The Prophet,” Kahlil Gibran. The Arab American community came to the new world to be an active partner in the growth and the prosperity of America. No one can describe the commitment of our people to contribute better than Gibran when he wrote “I am the descendant of a people that built Damascus and Byblos, and Tyre and Sidon and Antioch, and now I am here to build with you, and with a will.” Yes, in deed, we are here to build and with a will.
The Tucson MED families are proud of our heritage and proud to be Americans. It’s this pride that keeps us all asking, what we can do to be better as Americans, but not at the expense of forgetting our roots, who we are, and where we came from. With your continuous support and involvement in MED activities, we can do more to keep our pride, heritage, and traditions alive from one generation of Arab American to another. With the limited resources the Club has, we have been striving to do more activities as much as possible. I am pleased to report the following MED activities for the year 2006:
- We are pleased to offer four MED Scholarship and Graduation Awards during the graduation party held on April 29, 2006 at the Skyline Country Club. The MED award recipients for 2005-2006 academic year were: 1) Nicole Lahood who graduated from Salpoint High School and joined UA, 2) Tania Wer who graduated from the Academy of Tucson, and joined UA, 3) Aaron Brewer who received a Master of Businesses Administration (MBA) from UA, and 4) Sarab Sarah who received a Master of Science in Management with a concentration in Finance (MMF) from UA.
- The Tucson MED Club community was shocked and disheartened by the recent Israel invasion and bombardment of Lebanon last summer, where thousands of Lebanese were killed, many villages and neighborhoods were completely destroyed. In light of this tragedy, the Tucson Med Club has collected donations of $2,350 from MED members and friends to the American Red Cross – Lebanon Relief Fund. The collected checks were sent to the American Red Cross – Lebanon Relief Fund and requested that these donations reach the victims’ families in Lebanon as quickly as humanly possible.
- The quarterly publication of Zurouna newsletter. Zurouna’s editor, Lana Hariri, is eager to receive your articles to Zurouna so it can be shared with our community. The article can be your family history in the new world, a description of a place where your family came from, yours or your kids achievements, or any article of interest to our Arab American community. Please contribute regularly to the newsletter. With your contributions to Zurouna, we can learn more about our people who live in Southern Arizona and their achievements.
- Maintain the Club website at www.tucsonmedclub.org where we publish online all the previous issues of Zurouna. Please visit the MED website for new announcements and provide us with ideas to enhance and enrich the website with more information, links to exciting websites of interest to our community.
- Two Family Fun Nights at Skyline Club resort.
- A New Year’s Eve Gala at the Westin La Paloma, please see the attached flyer.
Whether you are a founding member, a relatively new member, or if you are thinking about joining, you and your family are an important and integral part of the Club and we invite you to join and be an active member of the MED club. In the list above, I highlighted six main activities we involved in 2006, but I am sure you agree with me that we can do more in terms of sport activities, social and cultural events, more fun activities, poetry and literature events, backgammon tournament, just to name a few. To do all these, we need more of you to be actively involved and take leadership roles in organizing these events. I urgently invite you to help us growing the list of activities that we will report about at the end of next year. Please consider this as one of your resolutions for the incoming year.
Please continue your support of the club’s goals and objectives by completing and returning the enclosed Membership Form for 2007. The board members and I look forward to working with all of you and welcome your ideas and feedback. With your support, the year 2007 will be another successful year that will be full with achievements and many wonderful stories about our Arab American community in Southern Arizona.
Best wishes to you and your family for a happy and blessed Holiday Season.
Very truly yours,
Tucson MED Club, President